Compagnon depuis 2007
Dr. Surendra Kumar Mathur, MS, FACS, presently President Of Zonal Transplantation Coordination Centre Mumbai, a body which looks after Distribution of Deceased Donor Organs and policies related to that. He was previously Professor and Head Department of General & G, I. Surgery at TN Medical college and BYL Nair Hospital Mumbal and Professor of Surgery and G I Surgery at Seth G, S, Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai. He is one of the first Indians to be fully trained in both Cadaveric and Living donor Liver transplantation.
In Sept 2006 he successfully performed Living donor adult to adult liver transplantation using Right liver graft, which was first of its kind in Western India. Since then he has performed both cadaveric as well as Living donor Liver Transplantation.
Dr. Mathur was a Senior Consultant and Chair Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation at Fortis ( Wockhardt )Hospitals, Mumbai. India, where he use to run a NBE India accredited Super speciality training programme in G.I.Surgery.
He has more than 45 yrs of experience of teaching under graduate and Postgraduate Medical Students and had been an examiner for M.ch., Ph.D. & DNB in Surgical Gastroenterology, and for M. S. and DNB General Surgery and for MBBS at various Indian Universities.
- Published 136 scientific articles (29 in International Journals),
- 30 scientific publications on Portal Hypertension ( 10 in international journals),
- Written 12 chapters in Books including API text book of Medicine and ASI text book of surgery and Recent Advances in surgery,
- Delivered 16 Orations,
- Delivered Guest Lecture at University hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK and Department of Surgery Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, USA. .
- Had been a member of Editorial Board of: Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, and referee for British Journal of surgery.
- Former President of IHPBA (Indian Chapter) 2005-2007, and of Indian Association of surgical Gastroenterology 2004-2005.
- Member of Scientific committee of International HPB Association 2004-2008.
- In 2008 he delivered « Key Note Address during 8th World congress of IHPBA,
- Has been an invited faculty and speaker at 6th & 7th,8th and 10th world congress of IHPBA, in Yrs 2004 & 2006,2008 and 2010, European HPB congress. in 2005, Asian Pasific HPBA congress 2009 and 2011 and World congress of IASGO 2008 and 2009 and 2011.
International Training Positions
- Therapeutic G.I. Endoscopy : 1984 At Hamburg, West Germany under Prof. N. Soehendra.
- Recipient of Senior Level Post doctoral Fellowship of French Government. Liver Transplantation & Liver resection : 1989 – 1990 At Paul Brousse Hospital, Paris, France under Prof. H. Bismuth.
- Liver Transplantation : 1990 At University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine under Prof. T.E. Starzl.
- Liver Transplantation (split liver and living donor): June-July 1990 At the University of Chicago under Prof. C.E. Broelsch.
MEMBER GOVERNING COUNCIL of International Scientific Societies
- Council Member of Asian-Pacific HPBA 2009 — 2011
- Member of “Membership Committee” Of IHPBA 2002– 2007
- Member “Scientific Committee” IHPBA 2004–2008
- Chairman “Local Scientific Committee of World Congress of IHPBA 2008
MEMBER GOVERNING COUNCIL of Indian National Scientific Societies
- Indian Association for Study of Liver; 1990 – 92
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology; 1992 – 95
- Gastroenterology Research Society of Bombay; 1991-
- Indian Society for Organ Transplantation; 1992 – 94
- International Gastro Surgical Club (Indian Chapter); 1995 –97
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology 2002 –2003
Past President and Vice President
1.Vice President: Indian Chapter of International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association. 2001- 2005
2.Past President of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
3.Past President of IHPBA India